Putt Putt Golf Courses: A Guide to the Best Miniature Golfing Experience
- 26 Views
- Olivia Grande
- April 13, 2023
Looking for a fun and exciting way to spend your weekend? Why not try playing putt putt golf? Putt putt golf, also known as mini-golf, is a popular leisure activity enjoyed by people of all ages. It is a miniature version of traditional golf that can be played in a much smaller area. The game is designed to be less challenging than regular golf, making it perfect for families, groups of friends, and casual golfers.
If you’re new to the world of putt putt golf courses, you may be wondering where to start. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about putt-putt golf courses, from the history of the game to the best courses around the world.
History of Putt Putt Golf Courses
Putt putt golf courses have been around since the early 20th century. The game was originally called “Tom Thumb Golf” and was first played in North Carolina in 1927. The game quickly gained popularity, and soon there were Tom Thumb Golf courses popping up all over the country.
In the 1950s, the game was renamed “putt golf” and gained even more popularity. Miniature golf courses started to appear in amusement parks, shopping centers, and other public areas. The game became a popular pastime for families, and many courses were designed with elaborate themes and obstacles to make the game even more exciting.
Today, there are thousands of putt-putt golf courses around the world, and the game is enjoyed by millions of people every year.
What Makes a Great Putt Putt Golf Course?
When it comes to choosing a putt-putt golf course, there are several factors to consider. Here are some of the most important things to look for in a great miniature golf course:
- Course design: A great putt-putt golf course should have a creative and well-designed layout. The course should be challenging but not too difficult, with a variety of obstacles and features to keep players engaged.
- Theme: Many of the best putt-putt golf courses have a unique theme that adds to the overall experience. Some courses may have a pirate or jungle theme, while others may be designed to look like a cityscape or a beach.
- Maintenance: A well-maintained course is essential for a great miniature golfing experience. The course should be clean and well-kept, with regularly mowed grass and functioning equipment.
- Accessibility: A great putt-putt golf course should be easily accessible, with ample parking and a convenient location.
- Price: The cost of playing putt-putt golf can vary widely, so it’s important to find a course that fits your budget. Many courses offer discounts for children, seniors, and groups.
Best Putt Putt Golf Courses in the World
Now that you know what to look for in a great putt-putt golf course, let’s take a look at some of the best courses around the world.
- Hawaiian Rumble Mini Golf (North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina): This Hawaiian-themed course features a 40-foot volcano that erupts every 20 minutes, as well as a giant tiki head and a flowing river.
- Congo River Golf (Multiple Locations): With locations in Florida, Texas, and other states, Congo River Golf is known for its adventurous jungle-themed courses. The courses feature waterfalls, caves, and even live alligators.
- Putt-Putt Fun Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana): This family-owned course has been entertaining visitors since 1959. The course features a variety of challenging holes, including a giant windmill and a tricky loop-de-loop.
- Urban Putt (San Francisco, California): This quirky course is located in
Top of Form