How To Clean Stovetop Still?
- 39 Views
- Olivia Grande
- March 9, 2023
Among every surface available in the kitchen, the one that gets the dirtiest from stains or spills is probably the stovetop still. After cooking meals for a party, the stovetop gets spilled all over from pot boils or splashes and it becomes very difficult to clean them. Some of the stains get very hard and it might be challenging to remove them. The stovetop looks pretty ugly too with the stains over it so it becomes necessary to clean it. The point is to know how to clean stovetop still in a way that it becomes fresh and newer like before after cooking for hours.
Although, daily and regular wipe down of kitchen and especially stovetop still will keep the kitchen appliances in great condition but still sometimes the stains are too heavy and it becomes very difficult to get rid of them. Let’s briefly understand how you can clean the stovetop still in the best way possible.
Steps To Clean A Stovetop Still
To do any kind of cleaning, you will need some tools to perform the steps and get rid of the stains. Here are the things that you will need to clean a stovetop.
- A bowl
- Microfiber towel
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Non-abrasive scrubbing pad
Once you gather all of these materials, here is what you will have to do:
- Before going on to start cleaning the stovetop, make sure that it is cold. If you have recently made use of a stovetop for cooking, then consider leaving it for a few hours before cleaning it.
- Take a bowl and fill it with either warm or hot water. Add some drops of dish soap into the warm water. Mix the soap in the water until you obtain a sudsy and bubbly mixture.
- After getting the mixture, take a complete microfiber towel and flood it into the mixture. Leave it until the towel becomes entirely saturated.
- Put a thick layer of baking soda over your stovetop.
- Take out the microfiber towel from the mixture and wring it firmly. After wringing it, put the towel over the baking soda that you poured on the stovetop still and leave it there for about thirty minutes.
- After waiting for a long 30 minutes, it’s time to scrub the stovetop. The scrubbing should be done with the use of a non-abrasive scrubbing pad in a circular motion for some minutes.
- Take out a dry and clean microfiber towel to soak up the remaining water from the stovetop and baking soda residue left over it.
- The scrubbing on the stovetop should be done carefully without any unnecessary force. Doing it with force can create scratches on the stovetop and it will start looking pretty bad.
Things You Should Avoid When Cleaning A Stovetop
Cleaning of the stovetop should be done carefully and it can be done in the best way possible if you follow the guideline mentioned above. Attempting any unnecessary experiments might harm the condition of the stovetop so avoid doing it. Cleaning experts have recommended to avoid and to not use any cleaning product that might contain high amount of chemicals to clean the stovetop. Stick to natural products like baking soda because it can deal effectively when it comes to removing stuck on food or splashes.
Stay away from using scrubby sponges or steel wools as they can instantly cause scratches on the stovetop even without force due to their sharp ends. Staying with friendly sponges and scrubbing pads will do the work perfectly without harming the stovetop’s condition.
How Can You Keep Your Stovetop Clean?
We all want to see our stovetop shining and clean every day of the week but most people can’t keep it like that. Consistency is the key to having a clean stovetop on any given day. Consistently cleaning the stovetop will ensure that it remains in the best condition. A quick clean of the stovetop every day or every time you cook will keep it clean and stainless for years to come.
While cleaning the stove, try to check the edges of it and make sure that they also get cleaned if it’s dirty. This area of the stovetop is usually ignored and different stains and greases start taking place over the edges so make sure to regularly check and clean it. If you see a fresh new stain on the stovetop, wipe it off quickly so that you don’t have to hassle while cleaning it some other time. The stain will also be removed easily if you’re quick to respond. In short, consistently looking over the stovetop will help you in keeping it tidy and shiny.
Is It Important To Clean The Stovetop?
Not just stovetop, but anything that looks dirty in the house just doesn’t suit the eyes and it’s better to clean it as soon as possible to bring it back to original condition. When it comes to the stovetop, it sees a lot of food splashes and stains because everything is cooked there. It is the area that gets in contact with oil, grease and other splashes the most and that’s why it is so important to clean it regularly.
If you don’t clean it regularly, the stovetop will become a home for bacteria and other germs. Cooking anything on the stovetop will be dangerous as it will harm the condition of the product that you are going to cook. If you want to consume that product, there are high chances that you will fall ill someday. Keeping it clean will also make sure that you don’t feel embarrassment if you have any uninvited or surprise guests.
Also, read about the Painters in Maitland & Cessnock.