Effective Resolutions for QuickBooks Update Error 12031
When attempting to update QuickBooks, you may encounter QuickBooks update error 12031, which prevents the software from accessing the server due to a timeout on the network. This error may also show up when downloading payroll updates. Incorrect browser and security settings or improper Windows firewall configuration may trigger this error. Whatever the cause, it is necessary to resolve this error for the software to function properly. Users can rectify the issue by fixing their browser and security settings. This article intends to provide comprehensive information regarding the causes and resolutions of this error.
Contact our technical team at TFN +1(855)-955-1942 for immediate assistance rectifying error 12031 in QuickBooks
What Could Result in QB Error 12031 on Your Computer?
The following are the most likely causes of QB error 12031: –
- One or more issues in your computer’s browser and security settings.
- The antivirus settings didn’t let the update download and install.
- Firewall settings prevent the update file from being downloaded.
- Corruption in the installation of Internet Explorer can also trigger the same issue.
Effective Troubleshooting Methods for QuickBooks Error 12031
To resolve QuickBooks error code 12031, consider the following solutions: –
Troubleshooting Method 1: Verify that your browser can access secure websites
You must first verify that Internet Explorer is the default browser, as QuickBooks utilizes it to connect to the Internet. Check whether your browser can access secure websites, and if it is not, follow the instructions below.
- Download and run the TLS 1.2 utility on your computer.
- Confirm that Internet Explorer is the default web browser.
- If a different browser is your default, ensure that your financial institution’s and official QuickBooks website is accessible on the system.
You may also face QuickBooks Error Code 12157, know how to solve it!!
Troubleshooting Method 2: Go through and fix the Internet Explorer settings
Your Internet Explorer settings may prevent the updates from downloading and installing. Therefore, to fix them, follow the below steps: –
- Launch Internet Explorer on your system.
- Click the Tools menu on your screen and then choose Internet Options as the next step.
- Navigate to the Security tab and click the icon that looks like a globe.
- The level of security must not exceed medium-high.
- Select the Connections button.
- If you do not use your computer’s dial-up connection, select Never Dial a Connection. And if you do, select the appropriate ISP.
- Click Accept.
- Enter the LAN details in this step.
- Verify that the Automatically detect settings option is selected and the Use a proxy server option is unchecked.
- If the Use a Proxy Server checkbox is selected, the complete address and port must be reviewed and entered.
- Uncheck the box if the value in the port is 80, and leave it checked if the port number is anything other than 80.
- Click Accept.
- Select the option that says Restore Advanced Settings, which you can find in the Advanced tab.
- Verify that Use TLS 1.2 is selected in the configuration of the Internet Explorer.
- Click Accept.
- Now exit Internet Explorer and restart the computer.
Attempt to update QuickBooks again and check if error 12031 is resolved.
These are all the methods available for resolving QuickBooks update error 12031. Having the most recent version of QuickBooks is essential for accessing its new features and increasing work efficacy. If the error persists after attempting the above solutions, contact our support team at TFN +1(855)-955-1942.
Recommended Reading- Quick Solutions for the Error PS101 in QuickBooks Desktop